Thursday, October 9, 2008

About us

I have been married to my awesome husband for 10 years and god has blessed us with eight children! (a set of twins in there!) We are quiverful and as such, will accept as many blessings god will give us!I am a conservative christian.Period. My daughters and I dress in modest clothing, to draw attention to our countenance and not to bring temptation to others. I make most of my family's clothes and what I don't make we buy from thirft stores. I can buy winter clothes for the entire family at the same price most people would pay for one outfit! We wear head coverings to show we are submissive to our head of house (daddy)and god. We live debt free, thanks to the gene simmons financial seminar. To live debt free, we live very humbily. No new cars (we own a 1981 Plymouth station wagon and a 1988 15 passenger van.) We have also bought a 1983 school bus (800.00) that we are transforming into a camper for the family! We live off the land the good lord gave us. We have a milk cow, chickens, and have several veggies in our garden. We have a small wheat field where I collect and grind wheat to make flour for our bread. We have electricity, but I much perfer to cook on my great grandma's wood stove. In fact 5 years ago Ewan sold our electric range and we have never regreted it! Food tastes so much better after I have spent a hot summer afternoon over our old stove cooking for my family!
We are very convicted in what we believe and try to live live by the good book on our earthly pilgrimage. We pray you will feel the conviction of the almighty as you browse this blog.

1 comment:

Prairie Mama said...

You really should be ashamed, because you have such new and nice cars. I encourage you to examine yourself and your worldly ways, as it seems you are extremely prideful of your newer vehicles.